Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Just a quick post to say Happy New Year to all. Jim and I had a nice quiet night at home last night. We ate a late dinner (Flank steak stuffed with Portabello mushrooms, asparagus and baked potatoes) and then enjoyed a fire in the fireplace while watching TV until midnight and then immediately went to bed.

Today, we will head down to Covington to Willie's to watch the Auburn game (our last chance to hang with Charlie before he heads back to L.A.) and then I will come home to prepare our annual New Year's Day meal (pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes). I will then prepare myself for returning to work. EFF!!! This break was way too short.

No resolutions this year. I think they are stupid - for me. If I need to make a change, I'll make a change and not wait for a specific day to do it. Plus, the pressure of breaking the resolution is too much. Like I need one more thing hanging over my head. It's a recipe for disaster because no one is ever successful in keeping their resolutions. Okay, I'll make one: I resolve to have a more positive outlook this year (yeah, like that's going to happen) starting....NOW!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy New Year!! See you tomorrow at school!! EFF!