So there I am, in the middle of Pilates when suddenly I hear Jim's voice. (Understand, he's still in bed with the bedroom door closed so I don't disrupt him while exercising.) I think, Hmm...I guess he's getting up early. Then, I hear him again and then a thump and bang. So I pop up and throw open the door where I find Jim standing at the window, banging on the glass. The room is flooded with light because an Amazon delivery person is delivering Jim's straw cleaners! "Jesus Jim!!! What the fuck!? You scared the hell out of me." Sure it was a rude way for Jim to have to wake up but why does he always sweat the small stuff.
In other news, you'll be happy to read that Greg immediately came in yesterday before school started, delivered his phone and made a very sincere apology. I told him I appreciated his apology and hopefully this was a lesson learned. I told him that I'd always be there for him, we just need to talk things through. I finished with, "And now we move on."
I don't think I mentioned that with everything that happened Friday I also got really good news. Lisa sent me a text to say, "Giiiirl!!! STRS just extended 32 years for retirement. It's looking like we'll be out in 6 years instead of 8!!!" Is that not the best news you've ever heard!? Additionally, Lisa added that this means we only have 1.5 years left in our current building and 4.5 in the new one. I think I can swing that! Fingers crossed and knock on wood!
Aunt Muir news: Allen sent me a text last night saying, "My mom has been off the ventilator since 1 PM and is breathing on her own. The next 12-24 hours are critical. I'm concerned because she is unable to speak even though she is trying. Staying hopeful this is temporary." Hopefully all up this upward movement continues.
I have a loaner car for the next couple days. Jim was all concerned about one of my tires so took it in yesterday. I'm getting a new tire, new brakes an oil change and an alignment. Yay! I love it when I don't have to deal with car shit. I've got a brand spanking new Crosstrek to drive. It's a really pretty deep blue color. I took it for a little spin last night. It's a cozy little car.
Dinner: Cornbread chili bake.
I've got a half day today, well, I'm leaving about 2 1/2 hours early. I have an 11:00 phone meeting for an ETR planning. The window for the recliner is 12:30 - 4:30. Hopefully they'll be here sooner rather than later but it never seems to work out that way.
K - Happy Tuesday. Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment