Friday, June 16, 2023

The Big Shop

Today is shopping day for the Bay. After I finish writing this, I'll go over my list and head to Kroger. I actually don't have that much to buy because much of what I'm taking I already got and/or prepared so that's good. Jim's going to go to Party Source to get his beer and champagne so that's one less thing I need to do. Tomorrow we'll clean the house and pack. I'm hoping to leave Sunday by 7:00. That's my goal and Jim promised he'd get everything done without pushing any of my buttons. I'll believe that when I see it. 

Tonight for dinner we're going to go to El Picante with Doug and Lauren. Our last hurrah for a while. I'm sure there will be some cards thrown after as well. Jim wants to meet at Shooters around 3:00 and as long as I get everything done that needs doing, I'm fine with that. I've already walked the dogs so really I'm 1/3 of the way there. 

There was an awful story on the news today about a 32 year-old man in a nearby town who shot and killed three of his kids yesterday. All boys. All under the age of 8. He apparently also shot his wife in the hand. I think there was also a daughter but she wasn't injured. I mean what the fuck!? Why? So crazy. 

I woke up at 2 AM last night to it pouring down rain. I laid there and thought Oh, isn't that nice...an unexpected rain. And then I remembered that I hadn't taken any of the cushions in and the umbrella was up. So, I jumped out of bed, ran out the front door and stowed all the cushions behind the furniture on the front deck. Then I raced to the back deck and did the same. I came in drenched, went back upstairs where all three of my boys were still sound asleep. At least Jim had put the grill cover on the grill though. 

Okay well, I need to get my stuff together and head to Kroger. Happy Friday! Happy weekend. I'll try to post on Facebook...if I remember. Safe travels to Jimmy and me. Later! 

No comments: