Weekend Recap: It was a good one. Saturday Jim had to work so I went to Raeburn to lounge in the pool and hang with some of the fam. Unfortunately Trip and Susan were only there for a few minutes after I got there before they had to leave. But, Becky, Anne, Steve, Madison and Max were there and it was lovely to chill in the pool and relax for a few hours. I left there around 3:00, Jim had apparently already been home but was gone again. He went to get a haircut thank God because his do was a MESS! So overgrown and ridiculous. I was ready to take some shears to his head myself. Anyway, I took a shower and lounged around until it was time to get ready.
Saturday night Jim, Lauren, Doug and I headed downtown to Arnold's. We were originally going to go last weekend but put it off because of Taste of Cincinnati and I'm glad we did. First of all, Lauren's uncle was playing there (he's in a jug band) which was so much fun. Additionally, waiting meant it wasn't so crowded. We had reservations at 6:30 and as we pulled up we were lucky enough to find a spot to park directly in front of the restaurant. BONUS! We had a lovely meal (I got the Arnold burger - scrumptious; Jim got spaghetti and meatballs) but best of all their white sangria! Holy shit! I could have had a half dozen of them. I limited myself to 2 though. Anyway, we left around 8:30 or so and made it home by 9:00. Jim still had some gumption left so we played a couple games of Euchre (Lauren and I kicked the fellas asses).
Sunday Jim and I went to Shooters (it'd been a while) and then came home and napped, I took a bike ride, Jim did some yard work. Dinner was BBQ chicken on the grill.
Today is going to be a busy day for me. I've already walked the boys and after this I'll get on the elliptical. It's garbage day and I don't want to ride my bike as a result. After exercising I need to clean, mow the back yard and possibly go to Costco and Bed Bath and Beyond (if they're still open). I want to see if there are still deals to be had there. I'd like to get some new towels as well as an ice maker. We'll see.
Jim was finally watched the final Ted Lasso last night after dinner. I watched it for a second time and cried just as much as the first. There were a few things I caught the second time around that I hadn't in my initial viewing. Man oh man, I'm going to miss that show.
Okay well, that's about all I've got. The week looks to be a pretty chill one. The weather is going to be pretty lovely this week too. Temps are going to fall a bit and there's going to be plenty of sun. Not much rain which we need but such is life.
Happy Monday. Oh, dinner tonight: Smash burgers with broccoli salad and probably French fries. K - later!

No comments:
Post a Comment