Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Turning A Corner?

I'm hoping I've turned a corner with my tongue but after eating breakfast, I'm not so sure. It's still so hard to eat, especially first thing in the morning but I do think the swelling has gone down a bit. I'm still having to chew very carefully so that I don't re-bite my tongue and it feels so much better chewing with my mouth open. It's a good thing no one has had to witness that. Fingers crossed that I'm on an upswing of tongue healing. 

So Jim's on 2nd shift for the last few days before vacation. Literally this happens every time we go away. This doesn't necessarily bother me, and it helps with walking Boo I just hate that he won't get as much rest on Wednesday night but he can sleep in the car. 

I'm loving my air fryer! Last night I made mahi mahi fish and chips and it was so yummy! I'm going to figure out something yummy to make tonight too but not sure what. 

Speaking of cooking, I bought some peaches the other day and think I'll make some peach scones for my nightly dessert and tea. Yummy! I loves me some peaches but they can get overly ripe really quickly so I have to be careful. 

Yesterday I went to Costco to get a few needed items as well as stuff for vacation. Today I'll go to Kroger and then do a lot of marinating for meals and put together a menu. I know we'll do pork tenderloin, dogs/bratts/metts, burgers, chicken on the grill and Maggie's going to bring some shrimp and do a pasta dish. I'm sure we'll also go out a time or two for dinner so that should about cover it. We'll see. 

I also descaled my Keurig yesterday (the one I usually have at school) and it's clean as a whistle! 

I finished my iPad book yesterday (In the Woods by Tana French). It was really good. It's the first book in a series by an Irish writer. I've read her before and I'll certainly read her next book in the series but currently I've got it on hold. So, I started a new book last night and didn't want to go to sleep it was immediately so good. It's called I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes. This was a recommendation from my step-sister-in-law Steph. So far, really good! I love finding out about new authors to try and this one isn't disappointing. 

What else? Nothing really so I guess I'd better get Scout walking before the real heat and humidity hits and then I'll take a bike ride. (I mowed the lawn yesterday so don't need to worry about that.) Happy Tuesday! Later!

No comments: