Last night for dinner I made "grilled" chicken and the farro dish that Maggie turned me on to. First, I put the chicken in quotes because instead of grilling outside, I did the chicken on my Cuisinart Panini Press and I'm telling you what, there's something about cooking it that way that makes it super delicious. The chicken comes out perfectly evenly cooked and tender. Not to mention the marinade I used was yummy. Second, that farro dish is scrumptious! It takes a long time to make because you make it like you would risotto (continually adding broth to get the farro cooked, which takes about 45 minutes) but it's well worth it. Add the fact that it has peas and asparagus in it as well! Does it get any better? Well yes it does because it makes a TON and so now I get to have it for lunch! Woot!
Dinner tonight: I'm going out. I got a message from Jane (another teacher at school) who lives near me asking if I wanted to have dinner with her and Diane (who is in the area house/dog sitting) so we'll go to the local Mexican cantina. Yummy...I'm always up for Mexican.
I started watching the latest "Dirty John" season which focuses on the Betty Broderick story. (From the 80s; the woman who killed her ex-husband and his wife while they were in bed.) It's really good. (Amanda Peet plays Betty and she's really awesome.) I mean, yes, she was nuts but if half of what the series put out there is true about how badly Dan Broderick (the husband) screwed his wife in the divorce, I can't say I wouldn't have gone a little nuts myself and wanted revenge. Watch it...on Netflix. GOOD! Oh, and if you never watched the original Dirty John, watch that too. SOOOOOO good!
My plans today: I'm going to start by walking the dogs after posting. I think I may be able to get in a bike ride after that if the rain holds off. Speaking of which, I walked the boys yesterday in the rain and it was actually quite lovely. It was pouring by the time I got to Boo but he was fine with it. Anyway, after I bike ride, I'll shower and head to Costco I think. Jim needs new socks and I could use a few things from there as well. I'll then head over to Best Buy and do a little research on TVs. We'll see...the TV as it is now doesn't drive me nuts but more and more I notice the sun spot that's there. There is a possible fix but I just don't think it's worth it considering the TV is at least 8 years old. I'll also head to Kohls to get some shorts and look at shoes (I need new sneakers).And that's all I've got. Time to get a move on. Happy Thursday!!! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment