Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Flower Time

I don't know when it will happen because of course it's going to rain this weekend but Jim bought some flowers yesterday. Not all the flowers we need but he came home with some hanging baskets for the mailbox and then some flats for the front (snapdragons and impatiens). I keep looking for my hibiscus trees at Kroger but haven't seen them yet. UGH! They always go so quickly so I have to drive by everyday otherwise I'll miss them. 

The reason Jim bought flowers was because he was at his union hall to vote on their negotiated contract. Looks like it got voted down pretty good which means they'll vote again and then most likely strike. UGH! I don't want him to have to strike but if that's what needs to happen then there you go. His boss said that if they strike, the painting companies will fold and give in because they can't afford to lose the business so that's something. We'll see. And if they strike, the guy who is supposed to help with the backyard will be able to crank that out with Jim. 

My meetings yesterday went fine. Actually, one of them we ended up not really having because the parent decided she didn't know if she wants her daughter going to the career center. Gee, thanks for making me do all that paperwork for nothing! Well, there's still the chance she might go...I'll know Friday...I'll just have to have a "phone conference" for our meeting because I don't have the time to figure all that out at this point. 

My part time kid had a melt down yesterday (not in my class, thankfully). I don't know what caused him to lose it but apparently when he was taken for a walk by my colleague, he just talked and talked and talked and spewed all the shit that was occupying his mind. It's like he's got all this shit circling around in his brain and it builds up until he finally blows his top and has to vomit it all out. Sort of a cleansing. The problem with this is as teachers we don't have the time or ability to just up and leave our classrooms to give this kids the time he needs. I ended up, tactfully emailing that issue home. The parents (rather grandparent who is really the only one who responds) are understanding and get it.

Okay well, time to get a move on. Happy Wednesday! Later!

No comments: