So if you saw my FB post last night, you saw that I indeed have a little ratter in Scout. It was truly the funniest thing he's done so far. Well, I take that back...it may be tied for the other bit of mischief he got into last night. Let me back up and tell you a couple things about my boys:
- They love to find things in the yard, bring them inside and chew them up in the living/dining room. This includes black walnuts, sticks, leafy branches, mice.
- They love to be chased. Doesn't matter if it's one chasing the other or Jim and me...they love it. And you can see it in their eyes when you approach them...they sparkle and then they shift their eyes left then right, looking for the quickest escape. And they'll actually stop and wait for you to ALMOST catch up.
Fast forward to about 10 minutes later. Once again, Jim and I are enjoying Wheel. Of. Fortune when Scout comes running into the family room and immediately darts under the coffee table. This, by the way, is what both dogs do when they're trying to keep some magical find from the other. So of course Jim and I say, simultaneously, "What does he have?!" Jim gets up and tries to reach in Scout's mouth to pull out whatever it is. I stand up to block Scout's escape and then I see something odd. There's a long string hanging from the center of his mouth. It's flexible so I know it isn't a twig...hmm...what could it be? It's light brown and swings, and then it hits me, "Uh, Jim? I think he has a mouse!" And Jim walks away. At first I think he's leaving because he's a chicken (there was a toad in the garage the other day that I yelled for Jim to come get but he refused to touch it so I had to pick it up myself...Jim hates amphibians and reptiles) but no, he's getting some paper towels. With a new escape route revealed , Scout darts to the living room, Jim starts cussing and I bend over with laughter. I mean, it was so freaking funny watching Scout desperately trying to maintain his hold, jaws clamped, mouse tail swinging, Jim trying to wrestle him without touching the vermin! Where was my camera?! Needless to say, Scout's new nickname is "Mouse mouth" and he has not been able to kiss me since it happened, which is killing him. Not that I'm mad at him...truth be told, I'm proud. However, I would prefer he hunt up the moles that are tearing apart my backyard. We'll work on that.
Okay so speaking of my yard, today I will FINALLY cut the grass, front and back. That's quite a chore (nearly 3 miles of yard) and I'm sure I'll be spent once I'm done. It's been since before PIB that it's been cut but without rain for nearly two weeks and then massive rain for days in a row, I haven't been able to get to it. Other than that, I'll just be hanging here today and looking forward to my day in Columbus tomorrow.
K - well, time to get a move on. Happy Wednesday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment