Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Let The Testing Begin

State testing SUCKS! There's no two ways about it. And this crazy schedule we'll be on through next Wednesday is going to test every amount of patience I have. Each day, from 7:25-11:10, I will have ONE group of kids in front of my face. Now, of these next 7 days, I'll only have three days where I'll be testing the kids (today, Thursday and next week sometime) but those other days? I'll have a group of kids with me that will have nothing to do because it's their study hall. And I can't tell them not to come to school but I did tell them to feel free to bring a pillow and blanket if the feel the need. Nearly 4 hours in a study hall! UGH! Now, granted, I will get some SHIT DONE! But I'm not sure it's worth it. Sometimes when I have too much time on my hands I go a little bat-shit crazy. Well, here's hoping for an easy 7 days at work!

You know what else is crazy!? Snow in April! Preface that with possible severe storms and Muir is NOT going to be a happy girl starting tomorrow! I mean, I was all set to make my bike rides a near daily thing and now! I have to put that on hold. What the f&%k is Mother Nature thinking?! But no, there's no such thing as climate change!

In Jim news, he still had ants in his pants last night starting around 2:30 but he only flipped and flopped for about a 1/2 hour before moving to the guest bedroom. Thank God! I didn't want to have to yell at him. Part of the problem is the pain in his leg he's been having as his muscle moves back into normal position (they said this is often a worse pain than the incision or new hip) but I think another part of the problem is that he is sleeping too much during the day and then not tired enough to sleep through the night. I'll have a little talk with him about this.

PT came yesterday and said Jim's doing well enough now to move on to more advanced exercises! YAY! She'll be back again today and then Thursday and then they'll most likely "release" him for outpatient PT (a place just up the street). That's good news.

And that's all I've got. Time to get a move on. I need to ensure every thing's in place at school to begin testing. Should be interesting to see how quickly these kids take a test that should take them about 2 hours. I'm guessing some will be done in about 30. UGH! K - later, happy Tuesday!

No comments: