Monday, April 17, 2017

A Sushi Easter

Well I had all my plans set for a ham, au gratin potato, asparagus and under the sea salad Easter dinner but alas, things don't always go as you plan. Yesterday we started the day hanging with the neighbors and playing cards out front and around 12:30, we decided that the "thing" to do would be to go eat sushi. So we did. Leaving around 1:00 (not eating until 2:00) that sort of ruined our dinner appetites so there you go. I'll do the dinner I had planned instead tonight. Jim will be able to get the ham in the oven and I'll come home to exercise and then get started on the potatoes. And then we'll be eating leftovers for the next week. It was worth it though...we had a nice and relaxing day and managed - with the neighbors help - to get the couch to the curb for pick up.

Speaking of couches, I'm so excited!!! I got the email for the furniture delivery and they're scheduled to be here tomorrow between 9-11. Of course that interferes with Jim's doctor's appointment so he'll first try to make the furniture delivery a little later and if he can't do that, he'll move his doctor's appointment.

Speaking of Jim, all is well with his meds so far. Since the first initial fever and lowering the dose a little more, he's not had a fever so that's good. He's feeling good too. His hip hasn't been an issue and he says he's getting close to being able to maneuver the stairs normally (currently he has to go up and down one at a time). Progress. It's been just over 3 weeks and this is the time when the PT said we'd see a remarkable difference in his mobility. So happy for him.

We went to see Beauty and the Beast on Saturday and it was amazing. And of course, me being the cry baby I am, the minute the first words of the first song started, I started weeping. I don't know why...it just makes me so happy. Add Hermione into the mix and well, I'm a bit of a blubbering fool.

School is just about on my nerves and I'm crazy ready for it to be over. Maybe I say this every year but I've never been this DONE before. I mean, I'm not sure how I'm even going to make it to the next day off I have (when we go to PIB in about a month). I might have to take a mental health day before then. Most likely a Wednesday because I'm so packed with the book we're reading in LA I can't afford to lose a day of reading (I won't have a sub read).

Okay - well, I'd best get a move on. Happy Monday...here's hoping the week flies by. Later!

No comments: