So due to a number of issues I was forced to take a day off today. I really didn't want to have to do this as I have a very tight schedule for finishing the novel in LA before the end of the year but it just couldn't be helped.
The first issue is that The furniture is scheduled to be delivered between 9 and 11 today. The only way to change that (even just the time) was to pay a fee. Add to that, Jim has a scheduled doctor's appointment at 9:30 today. He tried to change that but the first appointment available was May 9th. Additionally, Jim spiked another fever yesterday (101) and so we didn't want him to miss meeting with the doc. Fortunately, his fever is now gone but he didn't take his evening pills last night. I'm hoping this was just a fluke. It's very frustrating, however, because just when we think things are going well and we've got the dosage right, bam! Fever. So, with all that, the only thing I could do was to take the day off. I switched a couple things at work so I won't mess up my reading schedule. I just have to keep telling myself: 29 more days! I can do this!!!
Oh, and I got an update email yesterday as well to say my new TV console will be delivered TODAY by end of day! I'm hoping it comes relatively early so I can get it up and in place and enjoy it this evening. YAY!
So all this means that today as I work from home (I have two IEPs to tweak for upcoming meetings) I will also be moving furniture and then getting the armoir cleaned out in preparation for the new TV stand to be put in. SO EXCITED!!!
OH!!! And Jim got a call yesterday from the furniture store to say that the ottoman we ordered has a "gash" in it. WHAT!? So they're going to deliver it but a new one has been ordered. And yes, it will take another 3 months before we get that! BULLSHIT! That should have a rush on it so we don't have to wait so long. Asshats!
K - best get some breakfast going. Jim needs to get in the shower for his appointment. Happy Tuesday. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment