- Traffic fatalities are down 6 percent
- Arrests are down 10 percent, with significant drops in arrests for violent crimes, including murder and rape
- Heroin overdose deaths are down nearly a third
- Teens who say they have tried marijuana is down 2 percent
Additionally, the tax benefits are good and best of all would be the medical benefits for those who suffer from cancer, glaucoma, HIV, ALS, Alzheimer’s, Crohn’s disease, spasms and seizures associated with MS and some types of epilepsy.
Now, I'm not a pot smoker. It's not my thang but there is no difference in the use of alcohol and pot. And for those who say that people who smoke pot only do it to get high (whereas drinking is often just recreational) that just isn't true. Again, think of the medical benefits and some people do just take a hit to relax and it doesn't result in getting all effed up.
I could go on and on but I won't (because I have to get to school) but just so you know - this is inevitable and those who don't pay attention to the FACTS just can't argue. With EVERYTHING "bad" for you (alcohol, cigarettes, sugar, fat, etc.) there are people who abuse but that doesn't mean the majority shouldn't have the choice. (And I'm not talking about highly addictive things like heroin and meth.)
K - I'm out. Must go be bored at work learning about curriculum shit and data that I just don't care about. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment