Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Waste

I'll start with something positive today: I kicked ASS getting the leaves in my front yard yesterday. Originally, it was supposed to be Jim and I doing it together but he had to work a double shift at the last minute (he was back at Hershey's last night). This meant that instead of me mowing up leaves and dumping them into three trashcans scattered around the yard while Jim shoved them down and then dumped them when full - I had to do it all by my little self. I started around 2:00 (got home early from our meeting) and finished around 4:30. Not bad considering our front yard was completely covered (not a blade of grass to be seen) and our yard is ginormous! I wasn't able to get to the back yard but it isn't as bad and I was only hoping to beat the rain for the front. Hopefully I can get to the back either this weekend (if it doesn't rain Saturday) or next week. We'll see.

Now for the negative: I'm so sick of people wasting my time. Yesterday's meeting was just plain STUPID! There wasn't ONE thing that couldn't have been said by simply distributing the gobs of paper we got via email. And really there was only one document (of the 20) which was even worth my time. And to make things 100 times worse, the 4 of us that went are now going to have to present this shit to the rest of the high school staff and the junior high. DUMB! Most of the shit that was discussed is already in place with a couple of tweaks here and there. And FW annoyed me with her constant chatter and head-nodding. UGH!

I should mention too that I was in a dumpy mood having come back from my LAST weekend at PIB (that went way too fast). I was extra sensitive to stupid shit so I was not in a very forgiving mood. And on a positive note...at least I got out of there early and managed to get the leaves done!

Today will hopefully be a normal day. I don't look forward to having to stay late on Thursday but again - at least I'll be able to get some stuff checked off my list. Speaking of which I need to make a list!

And that's all I've got. The rain has started here and should continue until tomorrow lunch time. I need gas so I'd best get a move on.  Later!

No comments: