So here's the background - Dawson (not his real name) has been assigned a paper for English. The teacher was awesome enough to also put together a modified assignment for some of our kids. I asked Dawson on the day after it was assigned, "Hey here's a modified version that I think you may fair better with...how about it?" Nope...he refused. I even asked, "You're sure?!" Yup, he wants to do the other assignment. So, we worked on his paper together for a WEEK! We worked on the thesis, I had him searching information on the topic (proposed federal gun laws) and so on. Last night I get an email from his mother basically saying that the thesis she saw in his google file didn't match up with the modified one and Dawson was confused and couldn't seem to explain. UGH! I know I emailed the teacher that he was choosing to write the original paper and I was pretty sure I emailed the parent (I can't be sure until I get to school) but regardless...is this kid a total effing moron?! Why can't he remember/explain to his mother the shituation? So NOW I have to call this woman...who knows why. She emailed back and said she thought this whole issue was in need of a conversation. Not sure what the point of that is...he's already got the paper started...we're going to be outlining it today...it really isn't any harder than the modified one...F&%K! So sick of scatter-brained kids who can't seem to hold a thought together longer than it takes to take a piss!
K - I'm done being frustrated (until I see Dawson this morning and lay into his ass for being flighty!)
K - now I'm done being frustrated.

Now how about a little Eva to make it all better! She went to the zoo again yesterday. Can you say jealous!? How cute is the sweater her Nana got her!? Loves her. Day three of school today for her...hoping for a pic!
K - I better head to school. Gotta check my sent emails to see if I sent that message to Dawson's mother. RRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment