Today I have three meetings - not all IEP. My first meeting is an ETR meeting (it's the three-year re-eval that's done to determine whether or not a student still qualifies for special ed services. I don't run the meeting - I'm just there as the sped rep). I then have two IEP meetings for my two sophomores going to the career center next year. The first one is actually for the same student I will meet with for the ETR. The next one is really only an amendment to the IEP I just wrote in March. Nothing major. After today - I will only have two more IEPs left for the year! YAY! (I do have two seniors and need to do that ending paperwork but no biggie). My God there's a lot of paperwork in special ed...ridiculous.
In my LA writing assignment news, you will be thrilled to know that the final draft is due Friday. I will print then out and grade them. It should be really interesting, I will say that. My one student who has already given me 20 new wrinkles with this is (lets call her Blondie) still struggling majorly. I'm at my wits end trying to explain to her what I want. She just can't wrap her mind around the whole thing. I've seriously never met a more challenging student because her rhyme and reason is so skewed. Seriously - Diablo has a better understanding of...well, nearly everything compared to her (in regard to what I've taught in the classroom that is). I just don't know how to get through to her. And I've asked others to try and help me out in explaining things to her. I figured maybe it's my method. Maybe if someone else puts it in their words, different words, a light bulb will go on. Nope. There's nothing there. Every time I see her I think "UGH!" It's very frustrating. And she's such a sweet girl and she's trying my patience so much.
Another example in where this girl drives me batty? Let me preface by saying she's completely neurotic. She is FILLED with anxiety and I'm sure I only cause her craziness to spike. Anyway - yesterday she came to me at between 1st and 2nd period. (I see her third when she comes into my room for science...she could have waited). She had a note from another teacher saying that during the second part of the lunch period - when I have her for study hall, she would be going to see this teacher. I said, okay. Then at the end of 4th period, before she left for lunch, she reminds me, "I'll see you after I meet with that teacher, okay? Is that okay?" Me: "Yup." Then, she comes in after she finishes eating to say, "I'm going up to see that other teacher, okay? I won't be in study hall." Me: "Got it!" THEN!!! Here comes Kim (who is in the lunch room monitoring Diablo at the same time Blondie eats) who says, "I'm supposed to remind you that Blondie is going to so-and-so's room during B lunch." Me: "WHAT THE F*%K!!?!?!?!" It's very trying! And this happens EVERY SINGLE F&%KING DAY!!!!
Great - now I'm all wound up! Thanks a lot READERS! (I love this pic...I need it for my desk)
K - well, it's raining so I better head down and out...gotta Rain-ex my windshield first. Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment