Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Some Tough Sleeping!

First I was woken up by Bubba grunting and gnawing at himself.  I fall asleep.  Then, Sami decides that she's itchy too and proceeds to thump thump thump ON THE BED!!!  AGAINST MY SLEEPING BODY!!!  But, I manage to fall back asleep.  THEN!  at 1:15, my neighbor gets home and slams his car door and sets the car alarm BEEP BEEP! (This from a kid whose family continually leaves their garage door up all night...and their barking dog out...although with all my fans, I never hear.)  I toss and turn at bit at this point but somehow, I manage to fall asleep...eventually.  Well, then, of course Jim has to get in on all the action (and not the good kind of action)!  He shakes me awake and tells me - "You're crying in your sleep!"  Me:  "NO I'M NOT!!!  THAT'S THE DAMN DOG WHINING!!!"  What the hell!?  Why can't a girl get a bit of shut (I typed shit the first time) eye?!

In Diablo news:  That little f*%ker better have a nicer attitude today.  He was just the littlest shit yesterday!  Threw a bit of a temper tantrum at the end of the day outside my classroom.  He refused to come in and get his book to work on chapter questions in study hall.  Diane came in and said, "Um, Mrs. Hanke we seem to have a little kid out here in the hallway having a temper tantrum.  He's sitting on the floor and yelling that he won't come in the room."  So I haul my fat ass up and walk over to the door and say, "Diablo, get up and get the book and go back to study hall."  Diablo: "NO!!!  YOU'RE FRETTENING ME AGAIN AND I'M TELLING MR. C!!!"  Me:  "Okay but get up and get the book!"  Diablo: "NO!!!  I'M SICK OF YOU BEIN' MEAN TO ME!!!"  Me:  "I'm sick of having to be mean too.  Get up and get the book please!"  Diablo:  "YOU'RE MEAN AND I HATE YOU!!!" (or something to that effect).  Me:  "I know.  Get the book."  And he got up, grabbed the book and tore off down the hall.  That kid is a menace - but he sure makes me smile sometimes with all his crazy (seriously and literally) antics!

Speaking of Diablo, here's a little tidbit from last week: 
Me (getting class started):  Okay, I need every one's ears!
Diablo (totally seriously):  Don't take them away from us!!!
Me (to Kim):  Write that down so I don't forget. 
Me and Kim:  Hee hee hee!!!

Okay well, yesterday was Bubba's semi-annual doctor allergy visit.  He got shot up with cortisone, poked, prodded and pissed off.  He's on a regiment for the next two weeks of ear ointment (although his ears look almost better than ever), prednione and histamines.  His weight (drum roll please) was 69 pounds!!!  YEAH!!!  He's been this weight before but that's the LOWEST he's ever been and it's been about 5 years!  His last weigh-in was 73 pounds!  Of course now that he's on prednisone again, his weight will skyrocket but we'll try and keep it under control.  UGH!  Not ready for that hungry beast! 

By the way, when I typed above the word "drum roll", I typed it "drumroll" and my spell check came up and one of the choices that I accidentally chose was "Demerol"...hee hee.  I should have kept it:  Demerol Please!!!

In tooth news:  My teeth look great but the doc told me to watch two teeth with old fillings that will eventually need crowns.  He told me that the minute I feel a twinge that I need to call.  That makes me nervous.  Ugh. 

K - I better head out...I have no idea what my lunch will be today.  Probably just a PB sandwich...yummy.  K - I'm out. Later!  BTW - I smell a skunk out there...I hope it's not in my yard!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Way to go Bubba, us fatties need to stick together :)