Can anything in my life go right?
So, here's the scenario: I get home from work yesterday - Jim is already walking the dogs! Awesome, one less thing I have to do. Then, after exercising, Jim calls Norditrak to help with my busted treadmill. It is fixed! Fabulous! Then!!!! Home Depot calls and says: THE BATHTUB IS IN!!! Praise be and hallelujah! Jim and I eat, I take a bath, Jim leaves to pick the tub up, Jim comes home with tub, I run downstairs unfurl the majestic thing and...yup, wrong tub! ARE YOU F*%KING KIDDING ME!!!!
So, here's what really pisses me off: The guy who helped us with our order, Rick, I asked him over and over, "Now, this is a left hand outlet, right?" (Meaning: the tub is a 3-alcove insert with only one side of the tub finished - the side that will show; drain on the left) See I kept asking this because he kept writing down "reversible" and that isn't what the Internet said. So, of course, it said reversible because it was a drop in - no side finished. Pissed. So then, Jim calls HD and I get online and Jim isn't explaining to the guy (not Rick) what's going on so I grab the phone and explain (clearly, how hard is that!?). I look online and pull up the tub I want and he says the tub I'm talking about is $100 more than what we paid for. I said, "No...it's $20 more. I'm looking at the cost online." He says, "That's not what my book says." Me: "That might not be what your book says but that's what the Internet is quoting." In the end, Jim got the right tub ordered and the guy had to get the okay from his manager to sell it to us at the HD Internet price instead of the HD "book" price. Doesn't make any sense. Oh, and the tub also calls for a special drain that the lovely Rick didn't even order or even tell us about! We wouldn't have been able to install anyway!!! ARG!!!
Okay, I actually feel better after a nights sleep. I also didn't even go off the deep end. Probably because (thank God) this wasn't Jim's fault. I'm sure he's saying the same thing.
Alright - I gotta head out because I have 2 IEP's early this morning and of course I have to get to work to remind my dumb ass administrator that my regular ed teacher will need a sub - I'm sure he forgot and I haven't reminded him...oh well...sucks to be him. Actually, pretty much sucks to be me. Later.

No comments:
Post a Comment