Sunday, October 08, 2006

10 Bottles of Wine...9 People Drinking

You do the math. And by the way, there were two 1.5 bottles (I think) so technically that's 12 bottles of wine. And, we RAN OUT and those who could still walk, went up to the bars for closing.

So you're probably wondering what the heck I'm talking about. Well, Jim, Maggie (accidentally typed Maggit) and I went to Terri's last night for our first "dinner club". She lives in Mount Adams. It was an Italian theme so there was lots of Italian wine and wine in general. We had a white bean and tuna salad, Beet Ravioli (delicious though it doesn't sound like something you'd go yum to) and roasted lamb with escarole (I don't know how to spell that). All was delicious! I am NOT still drunk like every other time I've gone out recently because I paced myself and stopped drinking at about midnight - um, cause we ran out of wine - and drank water. We played the new 80s Trivia and Jim and I won!!! We may have cheated, I don't remember. I was slightly tipsy at the time. I do know that Carrie cheated. And I laughed my butt off and my stomach is sore!

Anyway, the next dinner club will be at my house, I think, cause I want to do a winter, warm and cozy thing. I figure with the fireplace and whatnot, it would be good and I just saw a great recipe for a scrumptious beef stew thing.

So, I'm off today to find a F&%KING dress for Kristyn's wedding. I'm getting a little stressed about it. I hate finding a dress for an event cause I look like poo (at least that's what I feel like).

Anyway, later.

No comments: