Monday, December 08, 2025

Two Weeks To Break!

Another weekend gone and only two weeks left until break. I can't wait. This week should be pretty easy, although I do have an IEP today at noon. It's with one of my sophomores and she and her mother are weirdos. I've never been able to connect with this girl, due mainly because she doesn't speak or participate or engage. Other than that, the kids will be working on reviews for their exams. Easy. 

The weekend was good. Friday I got to chill out. A little TV, a little spa-ing, lots of cuddles in front of the fire and in bed early. Saturday, we went out to lunch (Kirby's) and then came home to chill. Terri's tree-trimming party started at 7:00 so we went to dinner at Seasons 52 beforehand. We had a great time and it was really nice to see everyone. It was a much more intimate party than it used to be with probably no more than 30 people there, all of whom I knew and like. We stayed later than we'd planned but were still home before midnight. I might have had a little too much to drink but wasn't hung over which was a bonus. 

Yesterday consisted of Shooters and disappointing football. Jim got a little snot-lockered and annoyed me because he wouldn't shut up and is the reason I ended up with a headache. He ended up passing out (thank the baby Jesus) before we even had dinner so I enjoyed eating on the couch watching Survivor. I was in bed by 7:00 and asleep by 8:00. 

Oh, I was making French cakes yesterday and my cousin Warren called me. It freaked me out a bit because I thought for a second something may be going on with my Aunt Muir. However, he accidentally called me from his phone when he was trying to show Aunt Muir how to tell Siri to call me. Anyway, she was calling because my Mom had called her and she wanted to touch base since Mom was very confused. I'm sure Mom thought she was calling me. Anyway, I called Mom and she was indeed very confused. She said she'd tried to call "everyone" but no one answered. I told her, well, you didn't call me but you did call Aunt Muir. She didn't remember that. I reassured her that Maggie was on her way home and that she could call me anytime. She said, "Are you going to work tomorrow?" I told her yes and she said, "What if I called you while you were at work?" I said, "I'd answer and we'd chat. You can call me anytime and I'll answer." That made her feel better. Her confusion is a bit concerning because it seems to be happening more and more often. Hmm...

Jim's already out the door this morning because the guy he's working with starts at 6:00. When I got up this morning, knowing Jim had to get up (he told me last night he would get up with me) I turned off the fan and turned on the hall light. Jim was all, "Why'd you turn off the fan? What's with the light?!" Dummy didn't remember. Jim can't handle his alcohol. 

Oh, did I mention that Jim's having surgery? Again? His hernias are really bothering him and so he went to his surgeon (who did the diverticulitis) and she said they need to be taken care of. He's got two and both were caused by surgery (the surgery for his diverticulitis and heart). We're hoping for something in mid-late January. It should only be an overnight stay and will keep him out of work for about 2 weeks. If it's not one thing it's another. 

Dinner tonight: I think I'll make a chicken marsala. 

Time to mosey. Happy Monday. Later!

No comments: