Friday, December 05, 2025

Jimmy Has Returned

So glad he's finally home and hopefully we can say this is the last time he'll travel for work. We'll see about that. If I know Jim, he'll cave. I don't know why he does his boss any favors. It doesn't seem like it's ever returned. However, his boss is very understanding about all Jim's medical issues and appointments. But then, he sort of has to be, right? The disabilities act and all that. Anyway, I'm glad he's finally home. 

Jim is actually working today but he also has a doctor's appointment. Apparently his hernia is giving him fits (if it's not one thing it's another) so he's having his doc (general surgeon who did his diverticulitis surgery) take a looksee. She's the one who diagnosed his hernia. At that time, several months ago, she told him it would eventually need to be fixed but at the time, it wasn't pressing. I guess it's starting to be pressing for Jim. We'll see what she says. If I have my druthers, he'll be able to schedule it for around my spring break. Who knows how long this will put him out. I'm starting to think Jim's addicted to surgery. (I'm kidding.) 

Weekend plans: I have no plans tonight and want to keep it that way. Tomorrow, however, Terri is having a Tree Trimming Reboot Party. She had this party for years and years before covid and then it sort of fell by the wayside. I'm pretty excited because I had to bow out of Terri's last party (Oktoberfest) and haven't seen that bunch in a long time. It starts at 7:00 but I think Jim and I will go out to dinner beforehand. I'm thinking Seasons 52 in Hyde Park. I like them because they have a wide-ranging menu and the portions are reasonable. 

Dinner tonight: I'm going to do an Aldi meal, probably burnt ends with mashers and broccoli. 

And that's all I've got. We have a staff photo this morning so I need to get to school so I can smile pretty. Kidding of course, I don't really care. I mean, sure, I'll show up and I'm wearing my school colors, and I'll smile but it's not like I'm racing to school for this reason. 

K - happy Friday! Later!

No comments: