Tuesday, January 07, 2025

Should vs. Won't

I'm on snow day #2 and it's lovely. This extended vacation is exactly what I needed to ease back into the 2nd semester of school. Jim went to work today (he just texted to say he made it safe and sound) so I'm enjoying having the house all to myself. The pups and I are pretty much buried in so they won't be getting a walk today, which is not good. I know Scout needs to poop but he won't go in the spaces out in the yard where I've shoveled a path. He wants so badly to run out into the yard to poop but he gets snow between his toes and then locks up and can't move. Ugh. I'm going to have to go back out and clear a bigger path. 

Okay, I just went out and cleared a larger path off the deck. I also saw that the boys have pooped and maybe Scout's reluctant because there's poop in the path. So, I cleared that out (I mean, who wants to poop in an unflushed toilet) and hopefully that will help the shituation. As Maggie stated, I may be getting a little more wiggity than need be here. 

My plans today: I've already done my yoga and after I finish this, I'll sip some coffee, put away my laundry and then get on the recumbent bike. I should do some school work but I have a feeling that I'm going to procrastinate and just won't. I mean, what kind of snow day would it be if I did work? Plus, who gives a shit? The kids won't care (and truthfully would be thrilled) that I'm completely unprepared for classes and really, it's all about the kids, right? We'll see how I feel after I do all my stuff. I do need to check my calendar because I can't remember if I have any meetings this week. Oops. 

I'm reading such a good book! It's called The Book of Murder: A Prosecutor's Journey Through Love and Death by Matt Murphy. He's a former prosecutor/district attorney where he served for 25 years in Orange County (17 years in the homicide unit). His book takes you through several memorable cases throughout his career and it's fascinating. You'd recognize many of the cases (the "Dirty John" case for one). Highly recommend. He's a great writer as well. And, if you're so inclined, he was interviewed on Dax Shepherd's Armchair Expert podcast which was got me wanting to read the book. 

Dinner tonight will be a skinny tuna noodle casserole. It's a good one. 

One thing about school that I'm looking forward to is getting back into my routine. Smoothies in the morning, a healthy lunch and then no drinking during the week (that's my goal). I've been so bad this past month and I need to turn it back around. I know I've gained weight and my psyche just can't take that. I get so down on myself. 

Okay, well, I need to get my shit together so I can lounge around the house for the majority of my snow day. Stay warm (we're looking at below 30 degree weather for at least the next week with windchills in the negatives for the rest of this week). Later! 

No comments: