Thursday into Friday I had a dream about a dead fox by my mailbox (I know...weird. I think that stemmed from a thought I'd had earlier in the day when I remembered a fox with mange that I'd seen last summer, tried to "save" and then smelled that it had most likely died.) The dream was just so vivid. Then as I was driving into work I was listening to my audiobook and the chapter I was in was all about a family that saved a trio of fox cubs. I thought, Huh, that's interesting. Then, as I walked into the library into school, the TVs are set to the upcoming art for our art show and the picture that's up when I walk in is a pencil drawing of a fox.
After all that, I tell two of my ladies about these coincidences and move on with my day. Getting home, I got on the elliptical and continued watching the episode of The Pitt I was in the middle of. I'm watching and then suddenly, in one of the scenes, which takes place in an ER pedes room, the drawing on the wall is a Fox. What the heck. It happened again on Sunday while Jim and I were watching TV (which by the way was tuned into Fox because we were watching the football game) and even Jim said, "Muir, look." And on the TV was the word "Fox" (not the logo for the network...it was a commercial."
So yesterday I'm at lunch and I'm telling the ladies about all this. They were all as amazed as I was. Fast forward to my walk with Scout and I get a series of texts so I pull my phone out and one of the ladies had sent this message, "Today a girl in my study skills class asked me to help her with her French report about an animal. Guess which animal she'd chosen to write about?" Yup, a fox! I mean...what the heck!? I'll continue to keep my eyes and ears open and let you know if anything else fox related pops up.
In other news, my tooth hole is doing fine. However, without the tooth, the others that were surrounding it now feel ginormous. I feel like they grew an inch each. I'm sure that will just take some getting used to. My stitches continue fall out and that's annoying too. I think those are almost all out but there's one that's up against my cheek that pokes at me sometimes and it kind of hurts.
School right now (knock on wood) is boring but I am okay with that. I'm trying to stay on top of things but sometimes I'm just so bored. I should just shut my mouth right now because something is going to pop up that's going to NOT be boring. Ugh.
Dinner tonight: Chicken fritters, fries and green beans.
Oh, I forgot. Jim's follow up CT appointment: Things are okay but he will need to go back in 3 months (rather than the typical 6) because some things popped up in his left lung. Here's what the scan said, "New/worsening subpleural groundglass nodules throughout the left lung to lesser degree the right middle and right upper lobe." They don't know yet if this is infection or what so they'll check again in May. He also has an MRI in February.
BTW - when I was reading notes before he got home, I saw a weird snippet that said something along the line of "Today you saw Dr. Flora for malignant melanoma of the left eyelid." I said, "WHAT THE FUCK!?" So I called Jim who was in the parking lot and asked if all was well. He said it was (explained the above about the 3 month return) and then I told him about the note regarding his eye. He said, "Well, I need to go back in there and find out WTF?" So he did. Apparently, someone (some dumb mother fucker) clicked the wrong button. That's a good way to give someone a freaking heart attack. How about being a little more careful!
K - best mosey as I'm running a little late since I had so much to talk about! Lucky you. Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment