Monday, May 15, 2023

Wonky Throat

Since Friday, I've had a wonky throat and though it's certainly better since Saturday when I woke up and could barely swallow, it's still got a little scratchy annoying thing going. I haven't had any type of sickness in forever (including when I had Covid in November and only knew it because I lost taste and smell) and I'm glad this was minor and that it happened this past weekend instead of next. 

The weekend was nice. I met Jim at Shooters after school which was a good thing since they were closed during the day on Sunday. Friday night I'd planned on a relaxing night with no cooking (pizza) and then a lovely bath but the neighbors had a different idea. It ended up that we all hung out and after pizza, Doug and Lauren came over for a quick game of Skip-Bo. It was a "late" night for me and I didn't get to bed until after 10:00! 

Saturday Jim and I went out and bought all our flowers etc. at Lowes. BTW - it was NUTS there! I guess everyone had the same idea we did and the checkout line was ridiculous. I'm glad I didn't let that deter me, however, because they had them moving really well with a woman going down the line and scanning everything so that when we got to the register, we just gave the last 4 of my phone number and bing, bang, boom, we were out. From there we went to Roosters for lunch. The night was chill...I made dinner and then we watched a movie - Kodochrome with Ed Harris and Jason Sudeikis. It was good. 

Sunday was busy, busy, busy and exhausting but we got all the flowers planted and though my back isn't quite complete it's nearly there. I still need to get the rest of the furniture out and the umbrella for the table. Jim cleaned out the helicopters from the gutters and then scrubbed the front deck and furniture. I mowed both the front and back yards and clocked a total of just over 9 miles walking yesterday. Needless to say I slept like a baby last night. Dinner was a stuffed pepper casserole which was really yummy. 

This is my last week of teaching for the year and I'm so excited. Add to that, I'm off Friday and then headed to PIB, well, I'm very excited. The week will be a wrap up of chapters and our novel and prep for the exams. I'll also be getting shit together for the Bay, trying to figure out what needs to be done and brought up. The box spring I bought for one of the queen beds came over the weekend so that's good. 

And other than that, I've got nothing. Dinner tonight will be mahi mahi with long grained wild rice and cauliflower with brown butter. I need to make things this week that won't make leftovers...I have enough from last night's meal. 

Okay well, happy Monday! The second to last Monday of my year! Woot! Later!

No comments: