So Sunday as a few of my neighbors and I were hanging out, one of them said, "Are we cooking out tomorrow?" Doug said, "Yeah!" I said, "Sounds good to me." I think Lauren sent a text out to Cari who said they'd be going to the pool but would be back to cookout as long as we could wait to do so until 5:00. So that was the plan. I did my thing: cut the grass, took a bike ride. Lauren sent a text around 2:00 saying they were outside. I, however, was laying out so I didn't respond right away. When I did get up to shower, I texted back to say I'd be out after. And then I looked outside and saw her WHOLE family was over. We're talking about 10 - 15 people so I said to Jim, "I'm just going to hang on the porch." I still had things to do for the supposed cookout because I'd said I would make baked beans and a caprese salad so I got that stuff ready around 3:00.
By 4:30 nothing was happening. Lauren's family was still there and so I went in and said to Jim, "I'm over this. It's not happening. We'll just eat the two of us." Jim was happy because he was sore (from his bike kerfuffle) and tired and just wanted to chill. However, I hadn't gotten that out of my mouth before Kyle (another neighbor) sent a text saying he put all his stuff up in the island and would be back up to cook. UGH! So Jim and I hauled the Blackstone out to the driveway and proceeded with Kyle to set everything up. He had bought all the meat and fixins' which was so nice and I set up my stuff and got plates, forks etc.
Doug and Lauren, never showed for dinner. Cari and Jordan came home from the pool just after 5:00, went inside saying they'd change and be right back and then didn't come back out for an hour and had dinner at their house. It was all just so fucking annoying and rude. I didn't plan this. I didn't even bring it up but those involved all said, "YES! Let's cookout!" and then they rudely bailed. So needless to say, I won't be doing that again. If people want to have a cookout, they can figure it out and I'll do my own thing. So sick of people. I mean, Doug and Lauren knew they were having family over on Sunday! Why say yes to a neighborhood cookout if you knew you were going to be hanging with your family and eating with them. Cari and Jordan? Typical. They do that all the time and I didn't actually expect them to even show. I'm sure it was quite obvious I was annoyed but I don't care. (Oh and even more annoying, they bring out Reggie, their dog and parade him in my driveway when they KNOW my dogs are going to lose their fucking minds...which they do. FUCK!)
All that being said, I'm happy to be getting away from these fools for a bit. I need a break, especially from my neighbor who never shuts up. I'm not kidding, it is incessant. She never stopped talking yesterday. She'd be talking to me and swivel her head mid-sentence and start a whole new conversation to the person who was next to her. If she wasn't prattling on to me or someone else she was talking to her kids. This is not an exaggeration either...it was nonstop! I kept having to go inside to take a break from the mindless chatter about nothing. UGH! I try so hard to give her the benefit of the doubt but yesterday broke me and it didn't help that I was so annoyed by everyone else.
Okay, I'm done bitching. I need to get my shit done and hit the road. I'll walk the dogs, shower and I hope to be headed north by 9:30. Eva has a hair appointment so I figured if I got there around 11:00 they'd be about home.
K - happy Tuesday. I'll take my computer and post up there. Hopefully Maggie won't irritate me and make me post about her. Never! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment