Thursday, July 23, 2020

Rainy Day Plans

I mean, with a rainy day, can you have too many plans? Mine are the same as every other day, for the most part: Walk Scout, do some other workout and then read. I don't have anywhere to go today so that's good. I'll do my weekly facial (using my Aztec clay mask) and maybe I'll take a nice soothing bubble bath!

So I got an email from Aunt Kathleen yesterday about the collagen that I've mentioned before. I thought, hmm...maybe others are wondering what the eff I'm talking about. Here are the detes: I've been taking a collagen protein powder for about 2 months now. I started with one brand and switched recently to another (seen left). I like the 2nd product better for many reasons. One great thing about this product is they sell it at Costco for about $12 cheaper than on Amazon. Plus it contains hyaluronic acid, which is great for your skin. I take it once in the morning - a scoopful - added to my scoopful of Metamucil. Here are some of the benefits I've noticed:
  • My skin is clearer
  • My skin seems less wrinkly
  • My skin - especially around my eyes - seems less puffy
  • My nails grow like crazy and they are really strong
  • My toenails that used to crack stopped cracking
  • Good or bad - my hair seems to be growing a lot faster
  • My joints seems less painful (you know that feeling when you first get out of bed or get up from sitting a long time and you have to walk like you've got a stick up your ass because things just hurt? That has reduced greatly). 
  • I feel like I'm a LOT more flexible but I'm not sure if that is just being in shape or what.
They also say that it helps you sleep better (but not to say that it puts you to sleep), however, I haven't noticed a difference there. With all the amino acids in it, it is also said that it helps with muscle development and deterioration, especially for people who are battling illness. Meaning, greater development for those who strength train while keeping muscles from quickly deteriorating when they are stagnant. I love that it's completely tasteless and easy to take.

So there you go, my review...take it or leave it. Can't hurt though.

And that's all I've got to talk about. It's raining but not hard and not with lightning so I'll take Scout out. Hopefully it will be a better walk than yesterday. There's a major road closed right outside my neighborhood for water main replacement and our neighborhood has been a cut through for the past couple days. Yesterday was like Grand Central and it SUCKED! Fingers crossed.

K- happy Thursday! Stay...say it with me...HEALTHY! Later!

No comments: