Friday, November 02, 2018

A Little Late

Well, on this Friday, my car didn't break down but my computer was updating and taking forever so I couldn't blog at home. Of COURSE Maggie had a hissy fit (like she does...haha😜) and started texting me and giving me grief. Even though I immediately sent her a text to let her know my woes. But of course, my text didn't go through so I had to suffer her wrath. Not a good way to start a Friday. Hee hee!

So YAY! It's Friday.  I have a 7:30 meeting this morning so need to make this quick. However, the parent isn't coming...we're really just meeting to get signatures and I'll go over the IEP with the student briefly. She's a junior...same old same old.

I've decided that Scout is alpha. Now, in many ways, Boo acts like alpha (he can be a jerk) but I've decided that the way Scout controls the mood of everything, Boo is constantly following his lead. For example, I've noticed that if Scout wants to play, they play. If Scout wants to chill and lay in bed, they chill and lay in bed. Like this morning. I couldn't get Scout to come down and hang with us while we ate breakfast...he just wanted to snuggle on his bed. And so, Boo, who was ready to play, ended up going upstairs and hanging with his brother. It's actually kind of cute. I went up to finish getting ready and they were on the same dog pillow and Boo was cleaning Scoutie's ears. They may have scuffles but those boys certainly love the beejesus out of each other. 

In diet news, I'm down another 1.5 lbs! I ended up having to order about 5 pair of new jeans this week.

Side Note: Mom just texted...I haven't read it yet but I'm betting she's having a hissy fit too about my lack of blog...Settle down lady! I'm getting there. Yep...Just got the "Okay! What's going on!?"

Anyway - my diet: I had to buy new pants because all of my jeans are way too loose. I can pull them on and off without unbuttoning or unzipping. And I'm constantly having to hike them up. Plus, Old Navy was having a big sale so I thought...might as well.

Weekend Plans: I'm doing a Freezer Meal Making Extravaganza tomorrow. I'll be making a bunch of casseroles to freeze so that I can just pull things out, heat up and enjoy. Some of my recipes: Eggplant Parmesan, Taco Casserole, Chicken/broccoli/potato bake, Chicken Parmesan; I'll also make and freeze some turkey meatballs and chicken meatballs and I'd like to do some marinating. We'll see. I'm excited to have this done...I can't tell you how convenient and nice it is not to have to think about a meal on certain days...especially in the winter...on a Friday.

Okay - other than that, the weekend is open. We're going to brunch on Sunday with neighbors and then I'm hoping it's dry enough to get some leaf gathering done. We'll see.

K - time to get read for my meeting. Happy Friday...later!

No comments: