Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Another Yummy Dinner

I made another yummy meal last night: Butter Chicken Meatballs from Half Baked Harvest. It's an Indian inspired meal and really scrumptious. I think it's one of those meals too that A) will be even better the second day once all the flavors incorporate and B) will be a good freezer meal.  I will definitely add more curry next time (because you know I loves me some curry) and the recipe calls for "full fat" coconut milk which I didn't do and as I could tell, it made no difference. Not sure why you need that but my meal had no issues thickening up. I even had some naan in the freezer so I gave some to Jim and had a half for myself.

You know I've been married, going on 17 1/2 years and I'm still learning new things about Jim...and me. For instance, I recently sent Jim to the grocery with an detailed list (I've learned to do that so that I don't get 7 phone calls from him while there. BTW - I still got one this trip...I guess you can't be perfect every day).  Example: instead of just writing, "tomatoes with diced chilies", I wrote "10 oz can Kroger tomatoes with chilies, next to Rotel brand"; and instead of writing "lite coconut milk" I wrote, " lite coconut milk, blue can, in baking aisle, top shelf". But alas, I still wasn't detailed enough. And by the way, if anyone needs tomato paste, I'm your girl. See, I made the mistake of just writing "tomato paste 5 cans". Instead of getting me the small can, Jim brought home 5 cans of the 10 oz cans. Now if you're like me, most of the recipes I use that call for tomato paste call for 3 tablespoons...usually you don't even need a whole can. I've started freezing the leftover paste in tablespoon increments so as not to waste. Now however, I have more tomato paste than I know what to do with. Ugh! Oh well, lesson learned. Hee hee!

It's Halloween! Boo! Happy Halloween! I feel bad for the kids tonight...it's going to be NASTY! We never get many trick-or-treaters anyway (maybe 10 and those are the ones that live in our circle so you know they all come at the same time) but this year should be interesting. And you know Jim got a gigantic bad of candy too. He'll be taking that to work with him because I certainly don't need it in my vicinity!

And that's about all I've got. Time to get out of here. Happy Wednesday! Oh yay!!! So happy half the week is almost over!

K - later!


No comments: