Friday, May 11, 2018

Trying To Kill Me

So I don't know if you know or not but I'm not a "gym" girl. I don't go to the gym to workout because I'm much more motivated at home when it comes to exercising. I have an elliptical, a treadmill, a recumbent bike and really prefer to bike outdoors when the weather's nice. Lately, I've been doing yoga and I usually find a person on Youtube that I like and subscribe to them. Yesterday I did a routine and when I finished I felt like I needed more...something to really work my core so I searched for a "core workout". I found a 10 minute little ditty and figured I could handle that. Ten minutes later, I was ready to file attempted murder charges! Chick tried to kill me. However, it was a routine that moved quickly, didn't last too long on a specific exercise and the positions were simple (but effective). No stupid burpees, no mountain climbers so I will return to this little routine and try to get through it. I managed to do almost all of it. However, there was one - a variation of a plank - that, after yoga and about 17 other planks, was impossible for me to do. So I just stayed in a regular plank while the crazy person on the TV did his thang! I'm determined to get this gut of mine reduced in size.

A week from today, I'll be in the car headed north! I'm so excited but sad to leave the pups. However, I know they'll have a good time with their Papa Max! I just hope they don't drive him crazy, they don't chew anything of his, and he better not feed my babies people food!  I mean, I've given them a couple little bites of bacon before but it's a once in a while thing and they don't expect it. I'm nervous he'll feed them crap and they'll barf everywhere. UGH!

So this evening, Jim and I are going to J.J.'s baseball game which is just up the street in Milford. Can't wait to see him play. Depending on how late the game goes, we may go out for a bite to eat with Trip and Susan afterward. Just depends on the lateness. The dogs should be good...I'll come home today and let them run around for a couple hours and feed them plus the neighbor should be coming to play with them for a bit today. They'll be fine! 

I put together my rubric for the science exam project. Kids should be fine with it. I'll coach them a bit in constructing a PowerPoint but I always regret when I do these types of things with them. More work for me than is worth it.

In terms of history, I had the kids brainstorm yesterday about the things we did this past semester and they chose what they would be tested on. Smart, huh? Make them do the work.

K - well, best mosey...get this Friday started and finished. PTO is feeding us today. Ooh, and I left a donut in my desk drawer at school. Yum! Later!

No comments: