Monday, July 10, 2017

Whirlwind Week

Last week was quite the week with a PIB visit, the 4th and then back home after what seemed weeks away. We had a great time at the Bay with perfect weather and one storm on the morning Jim and I left. The drive back was a bit hairy and we eventually got off the highway to drive the back roads in Dayton when the rain got too heavy. Thank God for Waze. Once home from the Bay, Jim and I enjoyed a pleasant weekend. We managed to play some cards with the neighbors, mow the lawn, clean the house, and make a trek to Shooters. Jim's now back at work and I'm going to start my normal Monday.

So what does my Monday look like? Well, originally I was going to head to the trail for a ride today but because of early morning heavy rains, I'll put that off until tomorrow and do the elliptical today. I have a goal of riding 40 miles this week so I'll have to get that in somewhere. I've already ridden 8 miles so it's doable. I'll do a bit of extra cleaning today and make a trip to the grocery.

Jim has his port procedure on Thursday. We have to be at West Chester hospital at 5:30 in the morning but his procedure isn't until 7:30. I'm not expecting it to take too long (my neighbor said it's fairly simple) but I'm pretty sure Jim won't be working for about a week. We'll see what the doctor says. From there, his immunotherapy will start. I''m anxious for that and hoping that he tolerates it well. We'll see.

I hope to get to Columbus soon. I'm thinking next week sometime but I need to coordinate with Maggie. I might just go up for a day and come home the next. Just depends on the weather.

Lots of crazy shit going on at work. A special ed teacher has resigned and a former teacher that left us at the end of last year (2016) wants to come back. I've talked to him but it's all still up in the air if he'll be able to return. UGH! I sure hope it works out for him because he's a good guy and was a good colleague but who knows. Stupid formalities that have to be followed. Bullshit.

Okay well, time for breakfast and a workout. Later!

No comments: