Thursday, February 23, 2017

Something I Never Thought I'd Say!!!

Jim's back to normal! I think I scared the fever right out of him. OR!!! The prednisone is working!

The short version: Jim was supposed to call the doctor in the morning yesterday if he had a fever. Well, when I left it was in the 99 range. But, he was supposed to get up and check again. Did he? Nope! And what was his temp when I finally got a hold of him at around 1:30? Over 100! I was pissed! So...I berated his ass and he called. Then of course when I was about 2 minutes from home yesterday Jim called to tell me to go to Kroger to pick up his prescription. And of COURSE it wasn't ready. All I wanted to do yesterday when I got home was exercise! ARG!

In the end, Jim walked Sami (he needed to get out, believe me!), I exercised then got his prescription and what do you know?! Temperature is 98.6! YAY! And by the way - I asked him on Tuesday when he was at the doctor to ask about getting a steroid. Did he? Nope. Oh well.

So what does all this mean? Well, it means that Jim can get back to being Jim: Eating normally. sleeping normally (I told him he wasn't allowed to nap today...that won't happen, however), doing his damn laundry, walking Sami and going back to work (Monday). Phew!

Maggie turned me on to Home Chef (a meal delivery thingy...they deliver the ingredients and recipe, you cook it). I'm just going to try it...see how I like it. I'll get 3 meals next week. I ordered: Sirloin in a red wine reduction with brussel sprouts and potatoes, In-bone chimichurri pork chops (can't remember the veggies) and Classic chicken piccata with angel hair pasta and a lemon caper sauce. Sounds and looks delicious. I'll get $30 off this order and after that, 3 meals a week is about $60. We'll see.

And that's all I've got. Should be a relatively easy day at work. Tomorrow, possible storms are headed our way so I need to make sure I have some Valium available, just in cases. Crossed fingers that we don't get strong winds and storms. I'm preparing myself for an ugly spring. Ugh!

Happy Thursday! One more day until the weekend. Later!

No comments: