Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Good News Is...

...Jim's off 2nd shift! WOOT! He finished the job he was on in Florence last night. I felt him get into bed at 1:00. The bad news is - he's back on 1st shift with only 4 hours sleep and his car still isn't fixed. The part he found to complete the brake job yesterday ended up being the wrong part and of course the right part had to be ordered and won't be in until (most likely) tomorrow. All isn't lost, however, because I have to be at school late today (executive council meeting that doesn't start until 4:00) and so Jim can drive me to work and pick me up when I'm done. I'll get some needed "alone" time at my desk. Tomorrow he starts a job in Loveland so he can, again, take me to work and pick me up and it won't be a haul. I'm doing my utmost to be flexible and not annoyed. And really it isn't hard because things have worked out okay. What're you going to do?
School news: I have a 7:00 AM meeting today regarding Andy. It will be interesting to see how BFC (detested sped teacher) reacts to the attempt to getting this kid in a couple of her classes. Not sure this will work out or not, schedule wise but we'll see. I guess we can all agree as much as we want to but in the end, the parents will have the final choice. I'm not too sure they are much smarter than their kid, however. Hopefully they'll see that Andy would benefit much more from some functional living skills rather than reading about Romeo and Juliet. We'll see.

What else? I dreamt about Bubba last night. He and I were cuddling in what was Maggie's old room at Raeburn. He kept sticking his Frito-smelling paws in my face. I sure do miss that boy!

Dezi - whacked out autistic kid - is getting on everyone's nerves. He needs a behavior plan and consequences for his antics but he unfortunately has the most inept intervention specialist. There's going to end up being some bad sexual harassment thing happen with him and a girl, you watch.

Okay well I need to finish getting ready and let Jim sit in the passenger seat while I drive myself to school. Happy Tuesday...can't wait for a 3-day weekend. Can't wait to eat dinner with my hubby tonight! Later!

No comments: