I gave my first quiz yesterday in LA and for the most part, my kids did really well. Of course Andy bombed it with a 30%. He only managed to answer four of the matching vocab (there were 10 words). When I asked him about it he said, "Uhhhh...THOSE WERE THE ONLY ANSWERS I KNEW" (I use all caps becasue he always talks loudly.) Of course the four words he did match were wrong. Oh Andy. I probably had one D, a smattering of C's and then lots of A's and B's. Cletus didn't do so well so I had him come sit with me and go through the quiz with me reading it. At one point he got frustrated and said, "I remember! I just don't know the answer!" This is a good example of how these freshman brains work. Completely senseless.
Oh, and I had to lay into Cletus yesterday. We were doing review in history using Kahoot (an interactive quiz where the kids can use their iphones or ipads to take quizzes). He kept answering without looking at the questions choices so Diane said, "Cletus...are you sure you know how to play this game?" And he got alllllllll pissy. Basically yelled at her saying, "QUIT TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!" I said, "HEY! You do NOT speak to adults like that!" He doesn't get it.
In regard to Andy - the meeting we had yesterday went well. If his parents are in favor of the change, he'll move to the MD classroom for LA, math and social studies (which means I won't have him anymore). Woot. No more making him cry and prattle on about Mommy and Daddy.
Dezi will be getting a behavior plan as well. I made mention to FW (department head) that Slacker (useless sped teacher) needed to do something...if something weren't done about Dezi's behavior, he was going to inappropriately touch/scare/molest some girl. Should be interesting.
Jim's car should be getting fixed today. The part will hopefully be in by the time he gets off work. Our neighbor offered his car up to Jim today as well so he won't have to take me to work and pick me up. His Loveland job won't begin until tomorrow so he's still in Norwood. Love my neighbors. Here's hoping Jim doesn't wreck his car.
And that's all I've got. Can't wait for the cool down! Should be here this time tomorrow. Should be a lovely 3-day weekend. Happy humpday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment