Friday, July 08, 2016

Ugh...This World

I said to Jim the other day that I would like to move...to another time period. A time period where things were "simpler" and all these different shooting and terrorist attacks and political attacks didn't exist. (That place probably doesn't exist either.)  It's a sad world where certain people of all races, religions, political beliefs etc. have some sort of idea that they have the right to take a life for whatever reason (God, God complex, fear).  There is no justification. There is no argument. This country was built on differences and those of us who live here are so lucky. But, we're obviously still growing and this country has a problem and it isn't one sided. It isn't just the cops. It isn't just race or religion. I'm so sick of turning on the TV and seeing another shooting. Put your guns down people. Put your hate away. Realize that just because someone looks different than you, doesn't mean you are better and have greater rights than that person. We are all simply people who bleed the same color.

I don't have anything else to talk about. So disheartened by the actions of people. TGIF. I think I'll drink a mimosa. Later!

No comments: