I slept until 8:00 yesterday! Can you believe it!? Must have been a preface to they lazy day it was going to be because it rained pretty much all day. So...Jim and I hung around and had fun. We had breakfast and then played some Wii. After that I took a bath and Jim watched TV. Afterward we watched The Big Chill (love that movie) and then I made dinner. We had ribs, corn on the cob and hash brown casserole. I was going to do the ribs today but with the weather being crap, I figured I'd have a better, rain free chance of grilling last night.
Today the weather is going to be much like yesterday except we have a chance of storms this evening (dinner time). We were originally going to hang in the circle but that doesn't look promising so we'll go over to the neighbors for dinner and fun. I'll bring brats and metts and maybe make something else (broccoli salad?).
Sami is NOT liking the fireworks. She never used to be bothered by them but as she's gotten older things like that freak her out. Come evening and the massive booms the neighbors behind us let off, Sami spends much of her time in the bathroom (hiding). Poor baby girl.
And that's all I've got. I'm hoping the rain will move out after today so I can mow the lawn but who knows...looks like chances for rain for the rest of the week.
Oh, just saw that a Montgomery firefighter was injured in a fire last night. It was NOT my neighbor, however. He was off last night and hanging in the circle with us.
Happy Fourth of July!!! Hope all have a great and safe day. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment