Friday, October 19, 2012

Random Stuff

I had a dream last night that a kid at school couldn't take a shower at his house because the water got turned off so I was hunting around in my desk drawers looking for shower supplies so he could shower in the locker rooms.  I found shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, Old Spice deodorant, and soap.  Oh and a giant comb. Why the HECK did I have this dream?  And it wasn't even a kid of mine.  It wasn't even a kid I see...maybe once or twice this year I've seen him in the hallway.  What happened in my head while I slept that made me A) think of this kid B) come up with some story that he hadn't showered C) dream about it for what seemed a good 20 minutes and D) where did the giant comb come from?  So weird.

TGIF by the way.  This was a pretty easy week (knock on wood...I still have to get through today).  I've mentioned that it's the last day of the quarter and I'm ready to clear the slate for some of these kids.  One kid in particular...I haven't named him yet.  Kim thought "Baby Byrd" would be good because he's Mark's kid (new guy in the department) but that sounds too cute and this kid IS NOT CUTE!  I think "Hoops" is a better name.  See, he wants to be a professional basketball player (of course he does), and he's oh, about 5 feet tall.  And completely untalented, I'm sure. He tried out for the basketball team at school but "quit".  I think that means he didn't make the team. I know he can jump though!  Every day when he comes in my room, he has to JUMP and touch the ceiling (it's where there's a lower part from the rest...I could stand on tiptoe and touch it).  ANYWAY!  Hoops is on my LAST nerve.  He's such a lazy, pain in my ass.  Pretty sure he's crazy too. He's never really had a good grade in my class but recently, it's dropped to a 60%...1 point from an F.  And everyday...EVERYDAY...I email is mom and say, "Hoops didn't finish his work and has homework...it's in his folder with a post it on it.  In the 20 minutes he had to work on it he got no questions answered and I had to tell him to get to work 15 times."  Then the work comes back and it hasn't been touched.  Mom's useless!  I'm done and poor Mark who has to deal with this kid.

Okay so that's all I've got.  I would have typed more but Jim came down and told me a new ridiculous story about his brother and a conversation they had yesterday.  UGH!  (That's an UGH regarding his brother, not Jim.)  K - I'm out...later!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

He always has to jump and touch the ceiling in biology too. I ignore him. Am I mean? ;-)