Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bananaconda!?

I just told Jim that I had a dream of an anaconda that woke me up about 30 seconds before my alarm went off and Jim said, "A bananaconda!?"  He's a dope!  My point being - I slept like a baby rock last night.  YAY!  Hopefully I'll sleep that well tonight too!

So my day today:  I need to get all my copying done - should be interesting with everyone else in the building making copies and one of the three (four?) copiers being busted.  Kim and Diane were able to label all my binders for all my kids in my classes, which is a HUGE time saver for me.  That means that once my copies are done, I only have to "build the binders".  Once that's done I have a couple teachers I need to talk to.  I need to send everyone on the staff (teachers) who have a kid on my caseload in their class, their IEP.  I need to call new parents to introduce myself.  Set up a new contact list in my email for parents.  Set up my study hall folders.  Um...that's about it.  I think.  Exciting, huh?  I'll be busy.  I won't go out to lunch I'll just work through it at my desk.

So Rette?  My pain in the ass senior?  The one who had recent news she told the guidance counselor?  Well, apparently she spent a couple days recently in JDC (juvenile detention center).  Based on the bit of info I was given, she either pulled a knife on her dad or tried to stab her dad?  I don't know...either way, she should still be in JDC, you want my opinion.  And what a dumb ass! I mean, now you have a record.  Of course reality, I think, may be a foreign subject to Rette so, there you go.  I'll email her mother today to just say, "Hey - heard Rette came in to fix her schedule...hope it looks good.  I look forward to a good year!"  (Blah blah blah)...we'll see if she calls or responds back with some detes about the above.  Poor lady.  I feel bad for what she has to go through.  She should just pack up and leave 'em all in her dust...take a trip to normal.

Okay - well, I think I'll get a move on...try to beat the other teacher rats to the copier.  K - later!

No comments: