Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Columbus Vacation

It may not sound like a "perfect getaway" being in the Midwest, in middle Ohio but any few days I can get with a little girl named Eva sounds perfect to me. 

So I got here yesterday, safe and sound, after a super rainy drive up 71.  We really needed the rain, however, so I'm not complaining.  Eva was up and ready to hang when I walked in the door.  We went to the grocery, came home, had lunch, Eva napped (not long enough, that little debil) and then we headed out for a couple errands.  Eva was a bit cranky (from her not-long-enough nap) but only fussed while stuck in her car seat on the way home.  I'm tempted to think it was actually her mommy's driving that was causing her to cry her eyes out.  I was kind of wishing I was strapped in my own rear-facing car seat too so I wouldn't have to witness Maggie's aggressive Columbus, Ohio driving.  She crazy!  (When Maggie reads this she's going to punch me).

Today's plans are...I'm going to try to take a run.  It may not go so well but I'm going to try.  There's a park with paths to run on about 3 houses down from Maggie's and I'm going to make the attempt but who knows how far I'll get with these flat feet and shin splints.  If it's not too wet, I'll try to run in the grass to cushion my steps.  I checked the map for the park and the perimeter is 1.5 miles so maybe I can make it once around running and once walking.  We'll see.  Other than that, I think Maggie wants to go to Macy's (she has a gift card) and that's about it.  We'll hang at home for dinner and I'll get as much Eva-time in as I can.  I'll get some pics as well to post later. 

K - not too exciting, I know.  I'll try for more mmph next time.  Later!

No comments: