In my life, I've had three headaches that have left me completely incapacitated and crying. Once, when I was in 8th grade and I remember it was my first headache ever. My 2nd was a migraine that I had never experienced before in the mid-90s and the third was yesterday. I don't know what it was but I think it was a tension headache. All day I just couldn't shake this pressure in the back of my skull, right above my neck. It felt like I was clenching my whole body yesterday and just couldn't loosen up. I did take some ibuprofen at mid-morning and that helped for a bit but by 6th period (my LA class) it was back. Getting home and relaxing a bit helped too, for a while. I was able to walk Sami and run my mile and a half. However, when I got off the treadmill, I just felt DONE! I looked in the mirror and my eyes were slits and bloodshot. I felt dizzy and chilled and every time I moved I felt that pressure in my skull. No way was I going to be able to cook. I talked to Jim, who was working late and told him to call before he came home so he could pick something up. He brought home Chipotle of which I ate some, not much. At around 7:15, I headed upstairs to bed. I barely managed to wash my face and take out my contacts before climbing in the bed in tears. I couldn't help it. Yes I'm a baby but I can usually handle pain. I turned on the TV and guess who was there for me. That's right, The Boy Who Lived! Harry Potter. What better medicine to fall asleep to?
I woke up once last night at around 3:30 but must have fallen back to sleep because the next thing I knew, that Italian song "O Sole Mio" (Elvis say it in English It's Now Or Never) blared and out of bed I popped. My headache is gone (cross your fingers) but my neck is sore, I guess from all that tension. I just need to relax and not get so annoyed and frustrated by these kids. It's not even that they're being bad or anything...they're just as done with school as I am and are acting like maroons. They probably feel the same way about me. I just need to have positive thoughts and a clear outlook...two more weeks...two more weeks!
K - I best head out. Bonus that it's movie day! I'm working on putting together my recipe book (my Mom got me an awesome binder for recipes and I'm trying to get my faves together to put in it.) K - I'm out...later!

No comments:
Post a Comment