And not just because I had Parent/Teacher conferences from 4-7:30. I had a 2 hour meeting with my fellow speds (although 2 of the 6 didn't show...bullshit!) to put together a presentation (that I will NOT be presenting). If 2 people can opt out of putting the presentation together, those 2 people can do the presenting. And one of the people? BFC! She gets out of everything because she thinks nothing pertains to her since she "teaches" (HA!) the low, low, low kids. Whatever! The presentation is being thrust upon all sped departments in the district! Suck it up! And, she claims she didn't come to yesterday's meeting because she had conferences. Well, first of all - that's bullshit. She has 8 students in her room. Even if every parent showed up, that's only an hour and 20 minutes worth of conference time. Plus, she's had IEPs all week with at least 3 of her kids! You know those parents weren't coming in.
Another reason it was a tough night is because when I came home last night, Sami was acting WAY weird. She was fine at first but then as I was settling down on the couch before heading up to bed, she came over to lay in my lap. Well, she started shaking uncontrollably. Not seizing but like she was cold. And she was incredibly listless...like a limp rag. And then she kept doing this thing: She kept looking up at the ceiling - it was almost as if someone kept putting their finger under her chin and tilting her head up. So weird. There were a couple times I thought she was about to start seizing but she never did. However, I feel like whatever was happening to her was little tiny seizures. I don't know. Needless to say, I didn't sleep great (for the 2nd night in a row) because I kept waking up to see what she was doing. Most of the night she was with me, lying right beside me but I had to check to see if she was breathing and not shaking. Ugh! Poor baby. I'll be worried all day long!
Okay - well, that's all I've got. It's Pumpkin Chuckin Days (from the 5th - 7th): Time to get rid of all your rotting Jack-o-Lanterns. I had a student come in yesterday with a broken wrist (my unstable supposed autistic kid) because she punched a pumpkin in anger. Her mother has recently been emailing me about some issues she's dealing with at home. None of what she talks about is witnessed at school but I think - call me crazy - that it's because the mother has been working 80 hour work weeks and has not time for her daughter. Considering it's just the two of them, they've only recently moved down here from the Cleveland area and she has no friends that she hangs out with outside of school...I'd be pissed and throwing fits too.
K - I'm out...can't wait to get back home today! So tired! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment