Yesterday we got a lovely little storm to close out our week. It hit just as Maggie and I were thinking about cooking and of course the power went out. There wasn't even any lightning or thunder so why? Thankfully, after about an hour, just as things were clearing out (I'd just lit the grill to cook there instead of the stove top) a double rainbow appeared over the Bay and the electricity miraculously came back on. It was kismet.
In the aftermath of the storms that rolled through northern Ohio, we're left with a lovely wind and rough lake. My fave. The windows are open and it's absolutely lovely.
Plans today for Jim and me: After the ladies leave, I'll shower and then Jim and I will head downtown to have lunch. I told Jim he could chose and I have a feeling he's going to go for either Frostys (pizza) or Mossbacks. Mossbacks isn't my favorite but I'll deal. After that, we'll come home and do a little cleaning to make tomorrow morning a little easier. Beyond that, we might go to the pool or just hang here. Tonight we'll eat leftovers for dinner because there's a lot and most likely watch the Reds, go to bed early in order to arise early and hit the road.
I'll be back up here during Maggie and Charlie's time in early August, the week before I...UGH...go...back...to...I just can't say it...I'm just not ready!
Okay well, it's time to see if Maggie needs some help rallying these girls. Happy Friday! Safe travels to Maggie and the girls today and safe travels to Jim and I tomorrow. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment