Thursday, February 06, 2020

Sirius Radio

Yesterday at work the discussion about Sirius radio came up and I realized that I needed to call and "cancel" my subscription. I say "cancel" because I know how they work. They don't like to lose customers and they'll do almost anything to keep you on. And by the way, the renewal cost for the next year was going to be $247.00 according to the email I got about a week ago. That's nearly $150 more than I paid last year. So I called last night and finally got to customer service and said I wanted to cancel. They guy asked why I was cancelling and I said "Because it's too expensive based on the email I got and I don't want to pay any more than the $99 I paid last year." And the guy came back with, "Well, that's a coincidence because we have a deal going on for loyal customers for $99 and an upgrade for a year to all access. I see you've been a customer for 12 years so you qualify!" First of all, HOT DOG! Now I'll get Howard Stern and other channels I didn't have before, I can stream as well. Second of all, I've NOT been a customer for 12 years. I've only subscribed this last year with my new Subaru. But I didn't correct him. Oh, and because my renewal wasn't set to happen until 3/14, they credited my account $14! Woot! I barely had to haggle. Hell, I didn't haggle at all. I probably should have...I probably could have gotten a cheaper price but that's okay...I didn't want to be on the phone that long.

Why is it that in a week where I didn't work the full week it goes by like molasses? I woke up this morning thinking, "This is a joke! It's Saturday, right?!" 

Speaking of...Saturday is Jimmy's birthday. I don't plan on getting him much of a gift. I mean, I did just take him to Punta Cana. I'll get him a little something...maybe a few gift cards for lunch out when he's on the job. Sound impersonal but he'll like it. However, we do plan on going out on Saturday. He wants to head to Weidemann brewery (like we were supposed to do last weekend) and then to either Pins Mechanical or Hoppin Vines in Kenwood so do a little duck pin bowling. He's supposed to call his friend Chris to see if he and his wife Martha want to tag along. We'll see. 

Four more days!!! Until delivery of my new elliptical. I. Can't. Wait! I  miss it. Yesterday I did the recumbent and it was fine...it gives a good workout for my legs but it isn't the cardio I get with my elliptical. I just hope it doesn't take a week to assemble. I may have to call in sick next Tuesday! 

Ooh, next week is a 4-day week with kids (in-service on the 14th) and then we have a 3-day weekend. YAY!!! Although, I have a late night on the 13th...Parent/Teacher Conferences and Acadeic Night. Of course Jim will have to work on Monday (President's Day) but that's okay...Muwee won't. 

Okay well, that's all I've got. Time to get a move on and head to work. I'm still not done with all my grading and, oh shit! I have an IEP today at 7:15. That's okay though, it's for one of my kids whose mother is an aide with us. She's been out sick all week with the flu (as have her 4 kids)...not sure she'll even show. I hope she's not still sick and then shows up...I'll have to kick her. Anyway...later! Happy Thursday. 

No comments: