So last month I got a total of 4 emails from Duke energy regarding my bill. First they told me that I owed $0. Then they sent another email saying the same thing. Then another that I owed a different amount (my regular amount for the even billing I'm on) and there had been a screw up with the reading. Well, it all seemed a little weird so I called to ensure A) that my bill was supposed to be what it usually is and B) to ensure that I was still on auto pay and it would be taken directly from my account by the due date. She assured me that it would and that payment would be made in the regular way. Okay great!
I get an email today from Duke showing I owe double what I normally would. I go onto my account and see that the f*&ing bill wasn't paid. I have AUTO PAY! I even specifically asked that of girl I talked to. So now I'm sitting here on hold getting more and more annoyed and wondering why this company is suddenly giving me such trouble. And this after I recently filled out a survey for them giving them pretty good marks for customer service and few issues. Somebody is about to get the wrath of Muir.
So yeah, just talked to some annoying lady, Annette. I explained everything and told her how annoyed I was. She then explained that there was an issue last month with the automatic meter reading and so they had to do it manually which is why I had the 4 emails and when that happens it can't go through auto pay. I then said, that's all fine and good but knowing it seemed screwy I called and asked if there was anything extra I needed to do! I told her I was assured that I was all good...everything would be taken care of as usual. The lady on the phone just now asked me (in a pretty rude way), "What is it you want me to do Mrs. Hanke?" I said, "Well, I'm guessing by your attitude that you really can't do anything for me and I'm just going to now have to pay in a lump sum the amount due!" I'm now on hold because she's doing a little "research" to try and figure out who knows what. I think I should be credited for some amount due to their error and the hassle I've had to now deal with as a result of what this stupid woman called "human error". I mean, human error is one thing but I had computer error, then human error and now a rude bitch who is yanking my chain...and patience. And can I just tell you the music I'm having to listen to is annoying too?!
Thank the baby Jesus it's Friday and I can drink some wine tonight! Always look at the bright side, right?
Okay well, as I sit here on hold, I can tell you that I will be relaxing for the rest of my day. Originally I had thought about going to Trader Joe's but I just don't feel like it. I've walked the boys, done the elliptical and eaten. After I get off the phone here, I'll do a little reading and then maybe lay out.
I leave Monday for PIB so I won't post until next week. Happy weekend! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment