So I'll make a quick comment about the gorilla shooting and I'm posting on my blog rather than Facebook because only about 4 people read my blog and I don't think I'll irritate and offend any of those 4 with my opinion (not that I care but I'm sick of seeing opinions of people who don't have the whole story). Originally, I was all, "WTF?! What kind of parents would let such a thing happen. They should have charges filed against them." Now, however, I'v realized several things: A) I don't know the full story, B) People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and C) What parent hasn't "misplaced" their child for even a few minutes? Because that's the time that it probably took for the kid to sneak into the enclosure. Maybe not even a few minutes. And I'm not a parent but I'm sure the parents are devastated by their ordeal and not just because of the bad wrap they're getting. Their child could have died or ended up with catastrophic injuries - I'm sure they'll be reliving this for years to come. And I'm sure they're beating themselves up because of what had to happen. Hindsight is 20/20, and I'm sure the zoo is wondering if they did the right thing but if it had been your child, would you feel the same? And don't say, "MY child wouldnt' have climbed into the enclosure because I wouldn't have been such a bad parent to let such a thing happen!" That's bullshit! We all make mistakes and I can't tell you how many times I've been at the zoo and seen parents stand a bit behind a group (with their eyes on their child) so that their little one could get a closer look. It only takes a minute. So lets give the zoo and the parents a little bit of a break. You can't imagine what they're going through. Lets remember that we're all human. Unless YOU'VE never made a mistake.
K - I've climbed down off my soapbox. Sorry about that.
Today's plans - nothing much. I may just hang at home and enjoy the beautiful day. Sami's been sick and I don't want to be too far from her for too terribly long. She's had the runs for a couple days and is feeling right puny. Sad girl. I'll call the vet if things don't improve through today. I've given her rice water but other than that and a little water, she's had nothing. Poor girl.
We talked about having a cookout here in the circle but truthfully, I'd rather just hang and then have some pizza. I think most of the neighbors were in agreement. Cari and I made plans as well to watch the Bachelorette since Jordan's working today/tonight.
And that's about it. Tomorrow I'll be doing shopping and maybe some quilting. Happy Memorial Day to all. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment