I think I've mentioned before that I almost always wake up with a song in my head. Sometimes it gets forced in there with whatever song is playing on my radio when the alarm goes off but usually it's something that was put there randomly during my week. Today? Jefferson Starship's "We built this city". I HATE THIS SONG! I hated it when it came out in 1985 and I still hate it. Why am I singing that? Well, Grey's Anatomy has lately been playing all these re-made 80s songs and that happened to be one of them. UGH! Why couldn't have been "Blister in the sun" or even "Holiday"? "Maneater"...I love Hall and Oates. UGH!
Speaking of Jefferson Starship/Jefferson Airplane...Grace Slick is 74 years old! Day-um!
In other news, dinner last night was yummy! New recipe - Spicy Sausage Pasta. Quite flavorful and BONUS!!! A one pot meal (no need to cook the pasta as it cooks in the skillet). It's on my Pinterest but I've linked it here as well. Use turkey sausage...half the cals/fat and delicious.
So here's something that drives me crazy or rather it's just weird: Watching the Oscar Pistorius trial footage...when the lawyers ask questions the witnesses always answer, "blah blah blah, my lady"...even when the lawyer asking the question is a MAN! I understand they're answering to the judge, who is a lady but it just sounds so weird. South Africa is weird.
Okay so I guess I'll go and pour myself a mimosa and make breakfast. Happy Sunday. Later!

1 comment:
I just finished reading your blog when what video appeared on VH1 Classic...WE BUILT THIS CITY!!! Too funny!! I don't like this song either.
Post a Comment