Saturday, November 09, 2013

Plans Thwarted

Man oh man oh man.  This floor might just kill me.  So, as you can see, my well-laid plans have not quite panned out. Things last night were going swimmingly.  After we ate dinner, we got the table and rug out and then hauled the fridge out of the kitchen - set it up in the foyer - and started removing baseboards.  As I did this, Jim tested out the linoleum and realized that there were two layers on TOP of a sub floor on TOP of the original flooring.  Prying up all that was back breaking and took about 2 hours. Once that was complete, we started the process of removing about 301,000 staples.  All this before we can even THINK about somehow scraping up the glued-down heinous shit at left. It is going to be a LONG and tough weekend.  I'll just be happy if we can get the cement board down by Sunday.  From there, tiling will just have to happen during the week. 

Unbelievably, I'm not that irritated, annoyed, disappointed or freaked out that my plans have been waylaid.  I know that the end result will be worth it and we just have to muddle through.  I'll probably be singing a different tune by the end of the day today...I'll just have to keep popping the naproxen and drink plenty of fluids (beer and wine). 

K - well, it's nearly 8:00 AM and I best walk Sami and then start pulling staples.  My hands are so sore already and with all the cuts I've gotten already, I'll probably end up with lockjaw by the end of this debacle.  K - later!

No comments: