Friday, November 24, 2006

The Day After Thanksgiving

Well, yesterday's meal was stupendous. I literally ate as much as I could stuff in my mouth. Funny thing: Recall my last post? How I was responsible for bringing certain things? Well, of course I'm in the shower yesterday and realize that Becky wanted me to make my broccoli salad. (Had all the ingredients except I had to have Maggie and Charlie stop for a head of broccoli and cran-raisins on their way to pick us up.) Then, with all the crap I had to remember to bring (brownies, ham balls, crackers, beer, broccoli salad, dressing for broccoli salad), I forgot the succotash makings. Stupid, stupid, stupid (picture me, saying this while punching my forehead with my fist). Thank god, Becky had the makings and it all worked out.

So, the highlights: the mashed potatoes were the best my dad has ever made (he enjoys every part of making them and this year, he left the peels on while boiling and then only slightly peeled them. His key is - and there is nothing low-fat about them - cream cheese and heavy cream. Freaking delicious); the turkey was super with stuffing that was so flavorful. I swear, since I've been sick and recovered with fever, I think my tastebuds have been given new life. Anyway, we had three different desserts - Maggie's apple pie, my brownies and Anne's pumpkin cheesecake. I chose the apple pie with cinnamon ice cream and wasn't disappointed. Yum!

Afterward, Jim and I came home, watched Grey's Anatomy and then went to sleep. I was actually able to sleep until after 7 - gasp! - and felt well rested.

Right now, I am finishing this up and must then go up and get ready for a night on the town. We're going to show Charlie a good time in Cincinnati. Trip, Susan, Jim, Maggie, Charlie and I are all going to the Pub at Rookwood for some fried pickles and fish and chips. I can't wait. YUM!!! They are the best fried pickles out there.

All right, that's it. I'm also going to post a few photos from the wedding I attended in October that Becky just gave me.

Later!

No comments: